My momma always says...

When I was younger, I found out I was allergic to crustaceans when I had a small bite of crab meat and my face blew up, my heart raced and I couldn't breathe.  Since then, I never touched crab and I bring along an antihistamine in my wallet for emergencies. People tell me that I can overcome my allergies by eating a bit of it every chance I get. I haven't been lucky with crab yet, but I believe I am totally over shrimp. I try to limit myself to jut 5 pieces of shrimp per meal. BUT when my friend A and I go out for shrimp at Bubba Gump, I most certainly will eat a lot more than 5.


To order a Bubba Gump, customers have to flip the sign on each table to say: Stop Forrest, Stop. This way, servers will know that you need something from them and have no excuse not to pay any attention to you.  Once you've given them your order, you can flip the sign back to Run Forrest, Run.


A and I had shrimp in mind so we ordered the Shrimper's Net Catch (P699)which was a pound of steamed, cajun flavored shrimp served with veggies, corn on the cob and potatoes. 


Yummy!  I had a glass of water while A had the Frozen Lemon-up(forgot the price). A said that the Lemon up was non-alcoholic and was just right: not to sweet and not too sour.

The service was great. The place was crowded and accidents could easily happen. But they've got it covered. I observed that every time they turn a corner or emerge from the kitchen bearing huge platters of food, they cry "Corner!" This way, anyone headed the same way can watch out for whoever was coming. Simple but effective, huh? 


I believe I never ate so much shrimp in one sitting and in under an hour. They flavored the shrimp just right that once you start, you can't stop. 4 out of 5 stars for me. :)


Luckily, I didn't need any antihistamine after that. I'll just save that pill for when I try crab at the Red Crab soon!

Comments

  1. Looks soooo yummmy! I've been out of the loop for so long, so would you mind telling me where in Manila this is? I didn't even know there's a Bubba Gump there now. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joy! The one I went to was in Greenbelt 3, Makati. :) Let me know when you come home. We can go out! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm. wonder if they sell boxes of chocs too? like the one forest had.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh heck ya! There should be a NUSOC reunion of some sort! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Getting to know the induction cooker

One Big Step for K!