Saturday, October 23, 2010

Tsk! Tsk!

I've always been lampa (clumsy). Growing up, I remember coming home from school with cuts, scrapes, and bruises regularly.

Now that I'm all grown, I am very much conscious of the way I walk, go down the steps, and run. I'm flat-footed too, which doesn't at all help with balancing issues. 

BUT, this particular mishap happened while I was quietly strolling in our community bazaar. I was simply looking for something to buy for lunch  and boom!
I tripped and on the way down heard a crunch and I knew right then that I had torn something. The pain brought tears to my eyes. Luckily I was with Alice and Sky and they helped me hop back to our unit and conducted first aid: RICE - Rest, Ice, Compress, Elevate. (We looked this up online as we were panicking about what to do next.

Oh boy. Lesson learned: mind your footing while at a bazaar. You'll never know if your absentmindedness gets you into an accident!

1 comment:

  1. Eep! Hope you're OK!!! If you have to do hot compress na or something, try dipping your foot in warm water with Epsom salt. (I have a carton, in case you need!)

    ReplyDelete