Great medicine, good food.

Normally, going to the hospital is my least favorite activity.  I usually expect to wait for hours for my turn to get a consultation from the doctor assigned by the company HMO. Well, that was the case for this particular visit. I had to do a 12 hour fast for my blood test at the Makati Medical Center, so I went at 7:30am so that I can have breakfast early as well. 

I looked around the newly renovated MMC and found some familiar food stalls: Pizza Hut, Burger King, Dairy Queen, Seattle's Best and Mary Grace. However, I was really looking for, you know, BREAKFAST. So I asked the guard and he recommended the Floating Island which served all kinds of meals.

Situated on the 3rd level of the MMC, it greets you with an aroma of Lavazza, a brand of coffee I first had the chance to taste while in Italy with my host family from Mel, in the province of Belluno.  Immediately, I decided, this is it!

The staff seemed attentive and friendly and gave us the menus right away. I ordered the Beef Tapa (P205 Beef slices with fried rice and 2 eggs) 

and my friend A ordered the American Breakfast (P175 Hash Brown, 2 sausages and eggs-no bread)

and we both had the Lavazza  brewed coffee for P70 each.


The beef tapa - delicious! The atchara (pickled horseradish) was a perfect side dish.

The American Breakfast - filling and good value for money, although there should have been bread to go with the sausage, and maybe another hash brown.

The Lavazza coffee - perfect. good value for money and great brewed coffee.

The service - ok. My friend asked to have her eggs scrambled and they served it sunny side up. Serving time was fast since there weren't too many people. And we were lucky the manager was there so she was always on the lookout for customer's requests.
Ambience - It's nice to have a place like this to hang out in while you're in a hospital. It makes you forget about those horror stories about hospital food too.


Comments

  1. Hi, I'm your newest follower. Looking forward to reading more.

    I hope you'll have a chance to check out my blog and follow me back.

    http://mformommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love melloyello! :-) - stalker jamesey

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Getting to know the induction cooker

One Big Step for K!