I want to ride a dragon

The last movie I watched was Avatar. I waited for all the fuss about it to die down and saw it when it was running on its 5th week. Truthfully, I was disappointed because there were no cinemas showing it in 2D (except in Megamall, as I was told by a friend a bit too late), and so, reluctantly, I had to see it in 3D. I wish they gave the viewers a chance to choose the format they want to watch the movie in.

Anyway, How to Train Your Dragon is a different story. It's set in the time of Vikings where dragons were pests to be killed because they stole the livestock and destroyed the village as a result. It's the story of Hiccup and how he was eager to prove himself worthy of being the great chief's son by killing his very first dragon. But as the title suggests, things don't turn out the way he planned and he ends up actually being endeared to the enormous beasts.

I know it's supposed to be a kids film but it saw me gripping onto the armrests of my seat, covering my eyes, and yearning to ride Toothless the dragon and soar through the sky. The humor was very witty and not shabby at all. I'd be very happy to watch it again. My son Kyle told me at the end of the screening: "That was way better than Avatar." And I couldn't agree with him more.


I highly recommend this movie for all ages. As it was created especially for 3D format, you won't be disappointed in the whole movie-going experience. This one from Dreamworks makes a mark in my books. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting to know the induction cooker

One Big Step for K!