Noisy and Geisha


Catfight01
Originally uploaded by Saila
During the long walk home from the MRT, I am usually deep in thought about what happened during the day and am usually oblivious to my surroundings. But yesterday during my usual long stretch, I heard a soft meowing sound nearby. Just a little ways ahead, was the cutest stray kitten. I wanted to stroke it, carry it, ant take it home but the condo I live in is too small for pets. :( It was hard for me to just walk on by...

And if you really knew me, you'd know that I have a really soft spot for cats. When I moved from a house to a condo, I had to relocate my dog and leave my cats behind. That made me feel really sad for a while.

I rescued Noisy and Geisha from a pile of rubbish outside my gate a few years ago. I named him Noisy because he couldn't/wouldn't stop meowing whenever food was around. He was very demanding but very good at keeping the mice at bay. He was always on the lookout for a good ear-scratching session too. I named her Geisha because when she was a kitten, her meows were soft, very feminine. She walked with a grace even I couldn't match. Oh and yes, she was pregnant every year.

Whenever I came home from work, they and Whitey-white would greet me and make "salubong" It felt good to feel wanted. But right after dinner, they would be at my door whining to be fed. And their stomachs had no limits!

"Sigh" I miss my pets very much, but I know in my gut that they are all well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting to know the induction cooker

One Big Step for K!