While in Subic, waiting for the other half of our group to arrive at the rendezvous point, we played the song game to while the time. You can play it in different ways. But it all boils down to how well you know song lyrics. Here are some categories:
1. ABC - the game goes clockwise. First player sings a song beginning with the letter A. Second player sings a song beginning with the letter B, and so on.
2. Connect the last word of the songs - Usually the song first player sings the first song that comes to mind and ends with the last word of a stanza OR can choose to surprise the next player by choosing the middle of a stanza/chorus to stop singing.
3. Thematic- All songs must contain lyrics that fall under a theme or category such as:
- Names: "Think of Laura, laugh don't cry...Hey Jude, don't make it bad..., Roxanne, you don't have to put on a red light" and so forth
- Places: "New York, country jungle where dreams are made of...Do you know the way to San Jose...Sweet home Alabama" and so forth.
- Numbers: :5, 6, 7, 8 My boot scooting baby is driving me crazy...1,2,3,4 come on baby say you love me...We're starting back at one" and so forth.
- Body parts: "I'm down on bended knees...put you head on my shoulder...get on your feet!" and so on.
- Celestial bodies: "Earth angel, will you be mine...I can see heaven in your eyes...blue moon"
We definitely had a good time playing this game, and we're actually still thinking of new categories for the next time boredom hits.